2 Persian cucumbers
1 cup Wakame seaweed
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
1. Soak dried seaweed in cold water for about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice the cucumbers into thin rounds. Spread slices over a paper towel and lightly sprinkle them with salt. Cover slices with another papertowel and let sit.
3. Mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chili pepper flakes in a bowl.
4. Drain the seaweed. Cut into 2-inch-long pieces, discarding any hard spines.
5. Press down the papertowel covering the cucumber slices to remove excess water.
6. Place wakame and cucumber slices in a bowl. Pour in the dressing and mix well, adding sesame seeds if you like.