I make the world’s best cornbread. I’m not bragging; just stating a simple fact. (This fact has been verified numerous times by that Southern husband of mine.) In this dish, I’ve taken my cornbread recipe and transformed it into a dip!
This is a great example of how pureed beans can be used whenever you’re in need of a creamy consistency. For this recipe, all I did was omit the flours I would normally use in my cornbread recipe, and used white beans instead. Between the beans and the quinoa, this dip is incredibly high in protein and fiber, while still maintaining the deliciously sweet tenderness of cornbread. Enjoy it with tortilla chips or carrot sticks. Yum!
1 cup dry quinoa
1 cup cornmeal
1-15 oz can (or 1 1/2 cups) white beans, such as cannellini or navy beans
1 cup nondairy milk
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 cup sweet corn
1. First prepare the quinoa: pour the quinoa onto a dry pan and toast over high heat for about 2 minutes, or until you start to hear popping. Add two cups of water and bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low, cover, and continue cooking for 18-20 minutes. The quinoa is done when it’s light and fluffy–similar to couscous–and each piece has a little curly tail.
2. In a food processor, combine the cornmeal, beans, nondairy milk, maple syrup, chili powder, and cayenne. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the corn and quinoa to the food processor and pulse till the consistency is smoother but still retains a graininess.
4. Serve as is or heat up in the microwave for 1-3 minutes.For my cornbread recipe, read on.
The World’s Best Cornbread Recipe (not even kidding)
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 1/4 cups cornmeal
1/3 cup spelt flour*
1 tablespoon oat flour
1 tablespoon brown rice flour
1 1/4 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon unrefined sugar
1 cup soy milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon flax eggs (a fantastic egg substitute: place 2 parts warm water and 1 part ground flax seeds in a blender and blend at high speed for about a minute or until the mixture becomes gelatinous. Will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
*if you can’t have spelt flour, try using Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
1. To make the quinoa, first toast quinoa on a dry pan over high heat for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes until quinoa is fluffy.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and get out a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn, cornmeal, flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the soy milk, maple syrup, applesauce, and flax eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir well to combine. Stir in the cooked quinoa. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I am assuming you would wash the quinoa first and put it on cookie sheets to dry before pan roasting.
Hi Bunny. Whether to rinse quinoa or not is a personal preference. I personally don’t rinse it. Usually, most traces of bitterness from saponin are already rinsed off after the seeds are processed, and any saponin that remains on the seeds has no negative effects on the body. If you prefer to wash quinoa before cooking it, I would just skip the toasting step for time’s sake so you don’t have to worry about putting the seeds to dry.
I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth
bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt
you place to make one of these great informative site.
Hi Sharon, kindly contact Adriel Li at 9007 9511
for more information 😀
I?ve been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet
I never found any interesting article like
yours. It is pretty
worth enough for me. Personally,
if all site owners and bloggers
made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever
УЗК — устройство закладки кабеля. Другими словами, кабельная протяжка. Что надо об этом знать? Читайте материал от electrotorg.ru
Great article! Thank you 🙂 http://restaurantcabanas.com
cialis over the counter at walmart cialis 20 mg price cialis side effects
Rich Airbnb sex … not that lil private room y’all
rent for $40 a night. …
Nicely put. Many thanks! https://canadiantoprxstore.com online pharmacies of canada