2 cans of cannellini beans
1 can of artichoke hearts*
1 bunch of fresh spinach
20 fresh sage leaves
10 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon vegetable broth or water
* Update: I often use button mushrooms instead of artichoke hearts. They give the dish an earthier flavor that really hits the spot in the colder months.
1. Set a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and add the vegetable broth to the pan. While the broth heats up, chop the garlic then add to pan.
2. Throw in the artichoke hearts (or the mushrooms).
3. Dump both cans of beans into pan. Add the sage. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and stir till volume shrinks a bit. Turn heat to low and put cover on pan. Set the table or make a drink and serve when ready to eat.